Tuesday, July 6, 2010
The first mindmap, the one on the very top, lists the first two most basic questions"What are the problems the elderly are facing","what special arrangements can be done".
The next two mindmaps elaborate further on both two question like,"How can we help them keep fit" and "How can we make things more barrier free"
Thursday, July 1, 2010
- How can growing old be a blessing?
- What are the problems the elderly are facing?
- What can we do for the elderly?
- This is important as we must know what are the advantages of old age
- This is important as we must know what are the disadvantages of old age
- After knowing what are the advantages and disadvantages so that we can come up with a innovation
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
Views by several caregivers from interviews
- elderly are mostly living alone
- they have to deal with the problems of care when ill
- most of them do not have medical coverage
- many suffering from Alzheimer's disease
- many have depression
- isolation is commonly faced by the elderly
- They are abandoned by their kids
- They are single
- have financial problems
- no one to care for them and their welfare
- there is usually no one to share sorrow with them
- they have health problems they cannot handle alone
- they have no support