Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Thursday, July 1, 2010
- How can growing old be a blessing?
- What are the problems the elderly are facing?
- What can we do for the elderly?
- This is important as we must know what are the advantages of old age
- This is important as we must know what are the disadvantages of old age
- After knowing what are the advantages and disadvantages so that we can come up with a innovation
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
Views by several caregivers from interviews
- elderly are mostly living alone
- they have to deal with the problems of care when ill
- most of them do not have medical coverage
- many suffering from Alzheimer's disease
- many have depression
- isolation is commonly faced by the elderly
- They are abandoned by their kids
- They are single
- have financial problems
- no one to care for them and their welfare
- there is usually no one to share sorrow with them
- they have health problems they cannot handle alone
- they have no support
Saturday, June 26, 2010
- The government wants to make elderly-friendly houses
- The government wants to make Singapore more elderly-friendly by increasing accessibility.
- The elderly people who needs caring for a reason will be given cheap health care
- The government wants to make the aged population join the community in community projects, etc so that they can lead the same lifestyle.
HDB should work with market players to offer reverse mortgage schemes for elderly HDB flat lessees at commercial terms, to provide another option for seniors to derive some income from their homes to meet expenditure in old age, without having to move out of their homes.
Two ways on how we can ensure that the quality of elderly care here in Singapore is affordable
The Government should top-up Medisave accounts of less well off.
The Government should promote family physicians to provide medical care for seniors in need of care
After reading the CAI report, the three things that I can do is:
- I can do volunteer work.
- Help my elderly neighbors in things like housework etc.
- I can have a positive attitude to the elderly
Monday, March 29, 2010
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
-something that was passed down to you from your father/grandfather
P: It is easy to carry and light
I:Thinking of why I need it
Something that was .....(Grandfather clock)
P:It looks antique
E:My grandfather's grandfather clock
-watching a movie
Watching a movie
P:High quality imaging
I:We can learn things like eg. Deep sea and avatar both gives the message about saving the environment
They are the things that Singapore has done to save the environment.
eg. Singapore has started to ban smoking from some places.They are also trying to reduce energy wastage in factories, offices etc. thry are also trying to increase water catchment areas to increase water supply.Fines for littering etc.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Why do you think research is important? Research is important because without it we would not figure how anything works or made.
How can we conduct good research? if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again
Monday, January 11, 2010
Why is ADMT important?To give a fuller student experience
What are the skills that you would want to learn in ADMT? Arts
If there is no arts, No one would draw the Earth