- The government wants to make elderly-friendly houses
- The government wants to make Singapore more elderly-friendly by increasing accessibility.
- The elderly people who needs caring for a reason will be given cheap health care
- The government wants to make the aged population join the community in community projects, etc so that they can lead the same lifestyle.
HDB should work with market players to offer reverse mortgage schemes for elderly HDB flat lessees at commercial terms, to provide another option for seniors to derive some income from their homes to meet expenditure in old age, without having to move out of their homes.
Two ways on how we can ensure that the quality of elderly care here in Singapore is affordable
The Government should top-up Medisave accounts of less well off.
The Government should promote family physicians to provide medical care for seniors in need of care
After reading the CAI report, the three things that I can do is:
- I can do volunteer work.
- Help my elderly neighbors in things like housework etc.
- I can have a positive attitude to the elderly